July 1, 2018
The WordPress CMS is extremely popular! The software is easy to use and it powers millions of websites, over 27% of the entire internet. And it has over 50% market share of all Content Management Systems. It’s been translated into 72 different languages. There are WordPress conventions in over 34 countries. WordPress is a global force that is only growing in popularity.
Why do hackers want to gain access to your WordPress site?
The answer is simpler than you might think.
- Send spam or phishing campaigns
- Install malicious code to infect website visitors
- Use the server to attack other, more valuable targets
- Proxy their illegal activity to hide from authorities
- Steal your data, or your client data
- Block access to your data or client data to collect a ransom from you
- Deface or spread propaganda
Afterburner Hosting’s premium hosting plans (Glider and up) keep WordPress updated and close security vulnerabilities on a regular basis!
Your website is an asset and marketing tool. Using outdated software is not worth the risk!